Catherine, HRH Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus
(Catherine Elizabeth Middleton)
Did you know...
1. She was born on January 9, 1982 in Reading, Berkshire, England, the daughter of Michael and Carole (nee Goldsmith) Middleton.
2. She meet her future husband, Prince William while both were attending the University of St. Andrews and started dating in 2002.
3. Although she dropped her maiden surname of Middleton when she married and is simply known as the Duchess of Cambridge, her 'official' last name when required is Mountbatten-Windsor, the sanctioned last name of any members of the British royal family who have not been given the titular dignity of prince or princess as is the case with the offspring of Prince Edward at his request. (Her husband, Prince William has been known to use the surname Wales for military purposes but since the the Duchess is not a bloodline offspring of the current Prince of Wales, it would not apply to her.)
4. She is the first 'commoner' (not of royal peerage) to marry a close heir to the British throne in over 350 years. The last time it occurred was in 1660 when Anne Hyde wed the Duke of York, who later was crowned James II.
5. Her penchant for successfully mixing high end and high street pieces have garnered her a position as one of the most fashionable modern royals and has been named on Vanity Fair's Best Dressed List every year since she first appeared on the list in 2008.
To learn more about the lovely Duchess of Cambridge, Lily Lemontree recommends Kate: A Biography and Kate: The Future Queen